Beginner Paint By Numbers - Tips For Stunning Creative Paintings
Beginner Paint By Numbers - How To Get The Best Results
How To Get The Best Results Even As An Absolute Beginner
Have you bought a Paint By Numbers DIY kit or received one as a gift?
Are you wondering how to get started?
Beginner paint by numbers kits allow anyone without previous knowledge of painting to paint a beautiful and stunning picture. Of course, you can achieve excellent results regardless of your skill and technique.
Discover the power of paint by numbers!
We want to share with you some tips for painting by numbers. These tips will help you to get the best results with your Paint By Numbers DIY kit even as an absolute beginner.
Don't feel discouraged if your first painting isn't perfect. The more experience you have, the better your paintings will be. We recommend that you start with one of our easy-to-paint pictures.
These are some tips for painting by numbers that we think may be useful to you.
Tips For Beginner Paint By Numbers
You need to learn to master the process and spend some time honing your skills. But our paint by numbers kits give you everything you need to get started.
Take your time, enjoy the journey, and developing your creative skills. Follow these tips for beginners to get incredible results with our paint by numbers kits. You will not regret it!
Before You Start
- Make sure your workspace has good illumination, if you paint in good light we assure you that you will notice the difference.
- You could spend hours completing your first painting. Choose a comfortable chair to avoid neck and shoulder pain if you sit for a long time.
- You can place your canvas on a flat surface like a table or desk. Or you can use a painting easel to get the perfect height and angle for painting.
- With Paint By Numbers DIY kits, you do not need to worry about stretching the canvas before you begin painting. Unpack your canvas, and you are ready to start!
- Take a photo of the blank canvas before you begin painting. Use it as a reference in case you spill something or paint an area using the wrong color.
- Decide on how you will approach painting. You could start at the top and work your way down, working on smaller areas first. Doing this will help to keep the paint from smudging on your hands.
- You could work from left to right across the canvas or from the top-left corner down to the bottom-right corner.
- Some people like to begin by painting the larger areas first. And then work towards painting the smaller areas on the canvas. This technique can save time and help you avoid any smudges.
- You can also decide to begin by painting the darker colors first and then move onto painting the lighter colors. It can help you appreciate how the different colors combine to compose the final image
- Acrylic paints are easy to clean with a little warm soapy water. Protect your clothing and the surface you work on to avoid possible stains.
- Open the paint pots one at a time to prevent them from drying out.
- Stir the paints well before starting to paint with them, for this you can use a toothpick or a small brush.
- When you open a new color, paint all the areas of the canvas that contain that color.
To prevent the paints from thickening, close each bottle tightly after use.
- Remember to take care of your brushes while painting. When you finish using one color, wash your brush in water. Make sure that there is none of the previous color still on the brush before continuing. Then you can use it for the next color without worrying about mixing colors accidentally. Doing this will keep each color fresh and vibrant!
- Try to use the tip of your brush, the first 1/3 of the brush. Using the tip will make it easier to be precise in your painting, conserve paint, and avoid going outside the lines on the canvas. Also, not overloading the brush with paint will avoid the bristles near the handle from clogging with paint.
- Do not put too much paint on the brush. It is easier to paint a little at a time rather than put too much paint on the canvas with the first strokes. If you use too much paint, it can be tricky to remove it without smudging.
- Also, avoid overusing the paint because you could run out before you complete your painting. If this happens, you will need to order more paint and wait for it to be delivered.
- Try to make sure the numbers are well covered when painting. If you think it is necessary, apply a second coat of paint.
- When you work on small areas of the painting, you can use a magnifying glass to help with the trickier areas if necessary.
- If the paint thickens or dries, add a drop of clean water and mix to the desired consistency.
- Before changing colors, be sure to rinse the brush with water; no paint should remain. Later you can dry the brush with an old cloth.
- Acrylic paints dry quickly, so you don't have to wait long to go over the layers that need it.
- As a beginner painter, do not ignore the color guidelines and use your own colors. For example, if you are painting a paint-by-numbers box with red flowers, avoid swapping any red ones for yellow. Doing this can ruin the professional look of your painting. Do it only if you think you are capable of making the result look good.
- Did you paint an area the wrong color? Wait for the area to dry and then repaint it with the correct color.
- Sometimes in areas with light colors, it is difficult to cover the number underneath, and it can show through. To avoid this, you can first paint the number and lines with a white pencil. When you apply the paint, you can cover the number well, and it will not be transparent.
- Make sure to cover all areas and not leave any unpainted spaces between the different color zones. One of the worst mistakes an artist can make is leaving blank spaces!
Completing your first Paint by Numbers DIY kit canvas can be an incredibly therapeutic and satisfying experience. All you need is patience and willingness to explore your artistic side to achieve excellent results.
We hope these tips and tricks are helpful to you. You can also check out our FAQs about paint by numbers if you have any other questions.
And you know if you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us, and we will try to help you as much as possible.
We hope you love discovering this incredible, creative and fun activity. Painting is relaxing and satisfying, and you will be amazed at the stunning results you get, even as a beginner.
Customers who purchase and use our paint by numbers kits enjoy hours of peaceful, therapeutic painting. They also develop better focus and concentration and a greater appreciation of art.
Are you ready for your next challenge? Maybe you would like to try one of our fascinating custom paint by numbers kits.